The Get Publishing Webinar Series is part of a new stream of offerings named after the Get Publishing Communications Society (GPCS), which has ceased to exist as of 2016 and gifted its brand to the Writers' Guild of Alberta. The series aims to continue equipping the audience served by Get Publishing in its decade-plus of existence: writers who want to see their work published."
--Cheryl Mahaffy, last president of GPCS
Upcoming webinars will be posted soon!
We use ClickMeeting to conduct our webinars. After you register and pay for the webinar, you can expect an invitation from ClickMeeting via the email address you provide, within two weeks of the date of the webinar. The invitation contains a link to the webinar room, which you join at the appointed time. The webinars are recorded and available to you for one week after the live session. You will also receive that link via email. Thanks for joining us!
- Build a Writers’ Platform and Find Your Audience with Kimberley Grabas
- Research and Narrative Nonfiction with Omar Mouallem
- How to Edit Your Work with Kimmy Beach
- Indexing: The Art of Writing Reader-Friendly Indexes for Nonfiction Books with Stephen Ullstrom
- Smash All teh Rulez with James Harbeck
- Demystifying the Literary Agent with Carolyn Forde
- Rethink Situation to Develop Conflict in Your Story with Gail Anderson-Dargatz
- What Lurks Beneath: Subtext and Theme with Cara Hedley
- Pitch Your Story to a Film Producer with Michael Jorgensen (currently unavailable)
- Creative Nonfiction: Hooking your Reader with Angie Abdou
- Making Readers and Characters Squirm with Beth Hill (currently unavailable)
Accessing Past Webinars:
Click on the webinar you are interested in and fill out the form at the bottom of the description. After entering your information, you will be directed to a payment page. Following your payment, you will be sent a link to the webinar. Alternatively, you can phone our office (780.422.8174) with your credit card information.