The Get Publishing Webinar Series is part of a new stream of offerings named after the Get Publishing Communications Society (GPCS), which has ceased to exist as of 2016 and gifted its brand to the Writers' Guild of Alberta. The series aims to continue equipping the audience served by Get Publishing in its decade-plus of existence: writers who want to see their work published."
--Cheryl Mahaffy, last president of GPCS
We use ClickMeeting to conduct our webinars. After you register and pay for the webinar, you can expect an invitation from ClickMeeting via the email address you provide, within two weeks of the date of the webinar. The invitation contains a link to the webinar room, which you join at the appointed time. The webinars are recorded and available to you for one week after the live session. You will also receive that link via email. Thanks for joining us!
Upcoming webinars will be posted here.
- Ask an Agent with Sam Hiyate
- Breaking into Traditional Publishing with PJ Vernon
- Writing Place, Writing Self, Writing History: The Documentary Poem with Dr. Ryan Cox
- Everything I Know About Short Stories with Lee Kvern
- Writing Thrillers and Other Dangerous Novels with Julie Rowe
- Strategies for Publicizing Your Own Book – with Anne Logan
- Non-Fiction Book Proposals with Michael Hingston
- Social Media for Writers: Just the Basics with Jason Norman
- Build a Writers’ Platform and Find Your Audience with Kimberley Grabas
- Research and Narrative Nonfiction with Omar Mouallem
- How to Edit Your Work with Kimmy Beach
- Indexing: The Art of Writing Reader-Friendly Indexes for Nonfiction Books with Stephen Ullstrom
- Smash All teh Rulez with James Harbeck
- Demystifying the Literary Agent with Carolyn Forde
- Rethink Situation to Develop Conflict in Your Story with Gail Anderson-Dargatz (currently unavailable)
- What Lurks Beneath: Subtext and Theme with Cara Hedley (currently unavailable)
- Pitch Your Story to a Film Producer with Michael Jorgensen (currently unavailable)
- Creative Nonfiction: Hooking your Reader with Angie Abdou (currently unavailable)
- Making Readers and Characters Squirm with Beth Hill (currently unavailable)
Accessing Past Webinars:
Click on the webinar you are interested in and fill out the form at the bottom of the description. After entering your information, you will be directed to a payment page. Following your payment, you will be sent a link to the webinar. Alternatively, you can phone our office (780.422.8174) with your credit card information.
We will post our upcoming workshops in the tabs below!
Upcoming Online Workshops
No workshops open for registration at this time. Check back for new workshops coming soon!