Do you have good intentions to write, but allow other things to get in the way? Now is your chance to begin forming a regular writing practice. Set the intention — and follow through.
Join WGA’s Dorothy Bentley and Sadie MacGillivray as they host a series of Write Nights open to WGA members throughout Alberta.
Meet-ups will be on Tuesday evenings throughout November, 6:30 to 8:30 pm.
Check the WGA website on the evening of the event to find the GoogleMeet link to join:
- The link for Nov 3, will be posted here: writersguild.ca/events/alberta-write-nights-setting-intention/
- Nov. 10: writersguild.ca/events/alberta-write-nights-setting-intention-3/
- Nov. 17: writersguild.ca/events/alberta-write-nights-setting-intention-4/
- Nov. 24: writersguild.ca/events/write-nights-setting-intention/
The schedule for each session is as follows:
- 6:30 to 6:45: Welcome chat. Introduce yourself in the chat only, or use camera and mic. [Name and genre, if any; and intention for the evening – word count or some other measure such as simply to begin having a regular routine to write.]
- 6:45 to 7:15: Write. Cameras and microphones off. Late-comers may introduce themselves in chat only. Sadie will monitor chat throughout.
- 7:15 to 7:25: Optional check-in – Turn on microphones and cameras, or check-in using chat only.
- 7:25 to 7:55: Write. Cameras and microphones off.
- 7:55 to 8:00: Optional check-in – Turn on microphones and cameras, or check-in using chat.
- 8:00 to 8:15: Write. For those leaving, leave a good-bye message in chat.
- 8:15 to 8:30: Chat. Turn on microphones and cameras, or use chat feature.
If you do not know what to write, please ask Dorothy or Sadie for a prompt.
This is a one-month pilot project to see if these Write Nights work virtually. As a result, we are currently limiting attendees to those who are WGA members. However, we hope to return to physical locations for Write Nights in the future, and we will consider expanding our virtual offerings. If you have comments or concerns about the November Write Nights, you may contact the organizer: [email protected]