- September 24 KICK OFF 2:30-5pm --with Marie Bryce--who will use her storytelling skills to set the stage on how to deliver a story on stage.
Challenge: Deliver your story at the Nov. 26 public reading--as an oral story.
- October 29: Workshop part 2, choose writers for public reading/publication
- November 26: Public reading
- December 3: Workshop
- January 14: Workshop part 2
- February 11: Public Reading
- March 11: Workshop
- April 15: Workshop part 2
- May 13: Public Reading
- June 3: Wrap up--format TBD
Be a Video Poem Maker! Teen Writing and Film Project
This winter, the Writers’ Guild of Alberta, in collaboration with celebrated filmmaker Shawn Tse and nationally-recognized spoken word artist Brandon Wint, will launch Be a Video Poem Maker! The program aims to help teens learn to write and speak poems, and turn those poems into captivating videos. Teens will be provided with and trained to use video recording tablets to bring their unique words to life through film. When: Thursdays, February 9 – March 9, 2017, 4:30 – 6:00 pm Where: Youth Room, Castle Downs YMCA, 11510 153 Ave NW, Edmonton Cost: $35 Register online now, or contact our office at [email protected] or by phone at 780.422.8174 if you have any questions. Only 10 spots are available so register as soon as possible!