We are thrilled to re-launch the WGA Online Reading Series for WGA members who have a late 2020 or 2021 book release and are looking for an opportunity to present their work. All you need to take part is an internet connection and a device that can stream your video and voice.
Each session will be a total of 45 minutes, consisting of a 15-minute reading and a 30-minute maximum author interview. Dates and times will be decided according to availability. Selected applicants will be compensated $100 each.
If you are interested, please send the following information to [email protected]:
- Please provide the title, publisher, and release date of your book. We are looking for 2021 releases, although late 2020 releases are eligible if you had a launch event cancelled.
- Have you had a book launch, reading, signing, or other promotional event cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic? Please let us know the dates and details of the cancelled events.
- Do you have experience with performing literary readings, either live or on video? If you have a video example, please send a link.
- Where can we read an excerpt of your book? Please provide a link or file.
- What is your schedule like between June and November? Are there dates you know of that you are not available?
- Would you prefer a live reading and Q&A (viewers may ask you questions during the broadcast), or a recorded event (your reading and interview are pre-recorded and then made available online)?
We are also looking for members to host the events and conduct the interviews. If you are interested, please email [email protected] with your estimated availability and relevant experience.