Saturday, September 17
EPL Highlands Branch and Online
All events are free to attend, but registration is required (please use the form below)
Please note, space is limited for the in-person events.
For Alberta Culture Days the Writers’ Guild of Alberta is offering another hybrid event: Our one-day pop up celebration will feature an in-person writing workshop and an interactive talk, along with an online panel discussion and an online publishing workshop. The event will take place at the Edmonton Public Library – Highlands branch. The online sessions will also be streamed on site for those who would like to watch in a group setting (and / or for those who are attending the in-person sessions and will already be at the library). Writers of all skill levels are welcome to join up for one or all four sessions (please note that class size is limited, so be sure to register as soon as possible to secure your spot).
LOCATION: Edmonton Public Library – Highlands Branch (6710 118 Ave NW), Program Room
- The WGA will be hosting two in-person workshops at the EPL Highlands Branch; the discussion panel and publishing workshop will be online, but streamed at the library if people wish to stay (or come) and watch there.
- Bagged lunches are permitted in the meeting room.
- There is public parking available on the north side of the building, accessible from 67th street. Attendees will have to walk to the south side of the building, which faces 118th Avenue, to enter the building. Once you enter the building, look to the right to see the program room, which has sliding glass doors. The Program Room is located very close to the customer service desk. You are welcome to say hello to staff and get directions!
Other tips that may be of interest:
- The library is air-conditioned and the program room can get on the cooler side. You may want to bring a light sweater if you are prone to getting cold.
- The library will not have any refrigeration for packed lunches, nor plates or utensils.
- The room is not sound-proofed; however, when the doors are shut, the sound is muffled.
- In case of emergency, a fire escape door, fire extinguisher, and fire alarm are available in the program room.
Online Activities Only
For those unable to join us in person at the EPL Highlands Branch, you can still take part in the online panel and publishing workshop events. Register through the form below to receive links where you can tune in online!