Writers’ Guild of Alberta Summer Employment Opportunity
The Writers’ Guild of Alberta (WGA) invites applications from post-secondary students interested in meeting writers, promoting literary works by Albertans, and gaining experience in arts administration.
The mission of the WGA is to inspire, connect, support, encourage and promote writers and writing, to safeguard the freedom to write and to read, and to advocate for the well-being of writers.
The Program Assistant will work closely with WGA program coordinators on various projects that include administration, writing, editing, videography, video editing, event planning, and design work using Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Assist with the implementation of our annual conference and literary awards gala
- Aid in the organization of literary arts events
- Create a brochure of shortlisted and winning authors
- Correspond with publishers and/or writers
- Aid with writing and editing tasks as necessary
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident, residing in Edmonton
- Currently attending post-secondary school and will be returning full time in the fall
- Good writing skills and facility with the English language
- Some digital media skills
- This is a full time position (35 hours/wk) for 16 weeks
- Hourly wage is $17.00 per hour
Application deadline: Wednesday, April 5, 2017
Please send resumé and cover letter to [email protected] or by mail to
Writers’ Guild of Alberta
11759 Groat Road
Edmonton, AB T5M 3K6