Official Notice of the Writers’ Guild of Alberta Annual General Meeting plus Golden Pen Award Ceremony & Chawkers Foundation Presentation
Saturday, September 24, 2022
Online and in-person at the Calgary Public Library
Central Branch, (800 3 St SE, Calgary, AB)
Patricia A. Whelan Performance Hall
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
- 2:00 – 3:30 – AGM
- 3:30 – 4:00 – Coffee Break
- 4:00 – 5:30 – Golden Pen and Chawkers Foundation Presentation. (In-person – award presentations will be followed by book signing and refreshments until 5:30)
- Public transit provides easy access to the library. Paid parking is available on the east side of the building. (Keep your receipt in case you receive a ticket.)
- Once inside, head left into the Patricia A. Whelan Performance Hall. For those with mobility concerns, there is accessible seating at the top of the theatre adjacent to the atrium.
- Refreshments will be available in the atrium adjacent to the Performance Hall following the AGM, before the award ceremony. Restrooms may be found by returning to the main entrance then heading north, past the elevators.
The AGM is free and open to all WGA members in good standing.
To confirm your attendance, RSVP using the registration form below.
In the event you are not able to attend the AGM, you may assign your vote to a proxy, another member who may vote on your behalf. Proxy assignments must be submitted to the WGA in writing by September 12th using this form. Verbal proxy assignments are not valid.
Board nominations and seconding motions may be put forth at the AGM by WGA members who are in good standing with the consent of the nominee.
Golden Pen Award Ceremony & Chawkers Foundation Presentation
4:00 PM – 5:30 PM
Following the AGM, the Writers’ Guild of Alberta will present the 2022 Golden Pen Lifetime Achievement Award to this year’s recipient, Chris Wiseman.
Following the Golden Pen Award, Will Ferguson will host the Chawkers Foundation Grant Presentation with recipient, Noreen Olson. She will be signing copies of her book, Love and Kisses in the atrium after the presentation, and they will be for sale for $20 each, cash or etransfer. Refreshments will be provided.
- Proxy Form
- 2022 AGM Agenda
- 2021 AGM Meeting Minutes
- List of Board Candidates and Incumbents
- WGA 2021-22 Annual Report