For those brave enough to write and drink the wild air, it’s time to get ready!
Here’s a list of what to pack.
For writing: (you will take 3 writing courses)
- A notebook
- pens, pencils, coloured pencils (whatever you need to get your ideas down)
- loose paper for Exquisite Corpse (writing) games in the evening
- A computer? You don’t need one. But if this is your preferred method please bring one with care. I’m not sure if there will be (reliable) internet.
- a book
For the outdoors: (you will spend half your day in outdoor activities!)
- A warm coat
- Warm boots
- socks, socks, socks
- mitts (2 pairs) in case one gets wet
- a hat
- Comfortable warm clothes
- indoor shoes
- towel (for the shower)
- shampoo, soap, toothbrush, toothpaste etc.
- A sleeping bag and pillow (or bedding for a single bed) INCLUDING a fitted sheet if possible as the mattresses resemble a gym mat!
- Do you have something to share for the open mic on Saturday night? A piece of writing/music?
- A musical instrument if you play one
- A cup for hot chocolate/tea (one that either cannot break, or won’t break your heart if it does!)
- a camera
- a board game (if you have a great word-based one you want to play)
If you have any food allergies or intolerances that you need the camp chef to know about, please let me know at [email protected] and I will pass this information on
Friday Night Bus
The bus will likely leave from the parking lot at North Hill Mall at 5pm–but I will confirm this. If you are not catching the bus, can you let me know? Thanks! Pick up will be at Camp Chief Hector on Sunday afternoon at 1pm.
See you March 1!
Yours in Writing,
(pssst, it’s not too late to register. Click on the link in the above menu: Drink the Wild Air)