The Writers’ Guild of Alberta is seeking applications from culturally diverse writers for its 2017 Borderlines Writers Circle.
The Borderlines Writers Circle is an intercultural initiative which aims to serve multilingual, multicultural writers who live in Edmonton and are not yet connected to the local writing community. The program is designed to yield new literary works, thoughtful exploration of the immigrant experience, thoughtful consideration of the place of literature in our lives, dialogue which celebrates our diversity and contributes to a deeper understanding of one another, and engagement with contemporary issues around the world. Programming includes mentorship, workshops, discussions, podcasts, and more.
The program will run from September, 2017 through March, 2018. Participation in the Borderlines Writers Circle is free of charge. This is made possible through the generous support of our funders.
To qualify for this project, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- The writer has a portfolio of work.
- The writer comes from a culturally diverse background and is not yet established in Canada’s mainstream literary scene.
- The writer has a working knowledge of English.
- The writer is a Canadian citizen, refugee or landed immigrant, living in or around Edmonton.
- The writer is available to attend activities on a regular basis (average two per month), and to present at public events.
Please find the application form HERE.
Applications must be received by June 30, 2017. (Please note this is not a postmark deadline). Interviews will take place in early July.
Interested writers should send a completed copy of the application form by email to [email protected] or by post to
The Writers’ Guild of Alberta
11759 Groat Road
Edmonton AB T5M 3K6